Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Autumnal Glories!





How do we get to be so insanely lucky I ask you??
I am thoroughly savoring the final fling of Mom Nature these days around here.
And giving the brakes on the truck a major workout.
And driving the poor soul behind me berserk with my indecisiveness..."Should I stop for this scene or not? Maybe just pull over and snag it through the windshield. Nah, better get out. Looks like stopping in the middle of the road but just off a little to the side is a GRAND idea."
Yeah, I'm one of "those".
But oh, twasn't it so worth it??!!
A beckoning harvest-time welcome...




This next pic HAS to be my all-time fave...

I had a lovely chat with a "real" photographer at this pond. His camera lens hung out over the pond by about 3 yds, I'm sure of it. But he was so enthused about how enthused I was with the day, the weather, the beauty, the sheer indulgent-ness of blowing off what I had on my to-do list to stop the progression of fall into winter via digital means...and I even could share the location of the photographic fairyland I'd discovered earlier in the day! We parted ways, him happily headed off to my recommended coordinates, me to amble my way along till the next ooooh and ahhhh.

I could - I REALLY could - just move right into this cozy house.


To my mum's chagrin, I have always, ALWAYS a-door-ed this color...and now I'm vindicated because it's "in".

The following shot was as we emerged from ... the FairyTale Trail, I'll call it - and was taken through the windshield and raindrops.  And as far as the "we", after discovering this wee lane with breathtaking views, I texted Riley and told her to be ready, I was a-comin' for to get her to share this seasonal beauty.

This charming cottage is nearby our house and I've planned on a photo of it for lo these past 30+ years. Yesterday was The Day.
Just look at the high banks on the roadsides with fading ferns cascading over! The road got narrower as we went, the cathedral of leaves ever more brilliant, ...and then we came out to a house (Yes. Yes, I do unabashedly envy the owner's views, I gotta admit.) that enjoys a panoramic feast to the eyes.
Yeah - like this one...



I wish the stone patio/driveway didn't have to be in the foreground here, but when I cropped it out, it fouled up the setting and vast riot of color.




And I'll leave you with this cutie...

No comments:

Post a Comment